Wedding Countdown

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Already June!

Well I can't believe that we are already in the 6th month of the year. Where do all the days go?? It's so nice to just enjoy the days and not have to worry about coming home in the evening and having homework to do. I love being able to get off work and sit at home and do NOTHING. :-) There hasn't been a whole lot going on lately, just working full time for a couple more weeks before my summer class starts. It's been so hot the last couple of days. I try not to use my air conditioner very much in my car... well it's been a totally different story this year already. I use it pretty much everyday because it is just SO hot and it's incredibly humid. Here's Justin and I one day last weekend out in the heat!


On Monday, Memorial Day, Justin, me, Chrissy, Nate, Kari, and Mark all went to Roaring River for the day. Unfortunately I never got a picture of Kari and Mark with us though, they came a little later than us. The other 4 of us got up pretty early and headed up there. We arrived at aabout 8:45am and of course the boys went straight to fishing. It was a little chilly for Chrissy and I to go swimming so we hung out with the guys for a little bit and watched them fish while we sat in our chairs. We eventually got tired of that and headed down to the swimming hole. It. Was. Freezing. Chrissy built up the nerve and just forced herself to get on her raft.. I did not have that much courage so I just waded around for a bit. After a little while Chrissy spotted something in the water behind me. IT WAS A SNAKE! So of course we both took off out of the water and never chose to get back in. :-) When Kari and Mark arrived we all sat by the swimming hole and talked and laid out for a bit. After getting the guys to take a break from fishing for a bit we had lunch and then the rest of us parted to go swimming at the swimming pool where I got baked like a cookie. I was hurting everyday until today. My back is still sore in some spots but it's a million times better than it was!!! Here are some pictures from our adventure!






No comments: